Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Now, I'm not a prude, but...

Thanks to a new series of commercials that seem to be flooding all channels at all hours of the day, my boys think there is such a thing as a vibrating condom and love to freak me out by going around singing, "Trojan Man!!!" 

Now, fortunately, they are both of an appropriate age and have had the safe sex talks and all the embarrassing (for Mom and Dad) questions answered that go along with such talks, and aren't toddlers who will go around from grandparent to grandparent repeating what they've been hearing on t.v.  Still.  Enough is enough.  Really.  I'm sure everyone that needs a condom this New Year's Eve knows where to find one and I feel that these commercials could at least be aired later in the day, not repeatedly in the middle of it when kids of all ages are home on Christmas break.  Though, I guess since they hand them out at school, I am just an old prude for not wanting my family bombarded with scenes of an overanxious couple at the pharmacy counter seeking protection and pleasure aids.  But if I hear "Trojan Man!" one more time in the middle of a family movie, I may just write a letter.  Seriously, this time.  I know I always say that, but I've got a pen and I'm not afraid to use it.  Better yet, I may just blog on the subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment