Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Recovery Shake #3-- Cranberry


Well, Thanksgiving and my lasagna dinner with Dad is over.  We have only a few weeks until Christmas.  This is the time of year for biscotti, chocolate truffle, gingerbread house, traditional cakes and dinner making...time to work on keeping that metabolism up.

We are still enjoying our nutrition lessons and workouts together.  Yesterday we moved furniture and did some rearranging for Christmas so skipped our usual exercise time.  Today the boys learned about blood oxygenation and aerobic activity.  We finished with a cranberry recovery shake, since the only fresh fruit we have in the house is oranges and apples.  Grocery shopping was unnecessary this week with a freezer full of leftovers.

This shake was delicious but had way too much sugar in it since I made it with the cranberry sauce I made for Thanksgiving.  It would make a nice dessert.  My little guy didn't like it.  I guess he's all cranberried out right now.  I could have used half of the cranberries I put in and it would have been just as delicious.

Cranberry Recovery Shake
1/2 c. whole berry cranberry sauce
1/2 c. fat-free, plain yogurt
1 T milled golden flax seed
1/2 c. skim milk


Makes 1 to 2 shakes

No comments:

Post a Comment