Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Recovery Shake #4-- Tomato Veg.


After a weekend that included pizza and fondant lacquered birthday cake, we felt like we really needed this morning's workout and recovery shake.  I'm almost out of ideas, so today's shake was a repeat of one we had a few weeks ago.  It tasted very similar to V8 juice but only contained four types vegetables and the addition of a dash of red curry powder.  There is only what little protein is found in carrots, celery, tomatoes, and spinach in the shake, which breaks one of my two recovery shake rules.  I intend for there to be protein and fruits or vegetables or a combination of the three in each.  Very refreshing, however, and I think it will double as a detox shake as part of a post-holiday cleanse.

Tomato Veg. Shake


1/2 c. fresh carrots, peeled
1/2 c. celery stalks with leaves
1c. fresh baby spinach
2 c. tomato puree
1 c. water
Dash of red curry powder


Makes 3 to 4 shakes.  My boys said it needed more tomato.  I think next time I'll sub. the water for more tomato puree or fresh tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment